No Texting While Driving – It's the Law
State Law On Distracted Driving
A primary law banning texting for all drivers went into effective on 9/30/10.
Read a summary of the law.
Talk To Your Teens About Distracted Driving
Many teens admit to cell phone use and texting while behind the wheel despite clear dangers. Make a family rule covering these and other distractions that everyone abides by. View Keys2Drive: The AAA Guide to Teen Driver Safety
Take the Pledge To Never Text & Drive
I pledge to drive distraction-free, with the goal to permanently reduce my distracted driving habits. I will spread the word about driving distraction-free among my family and friends encouraging them to resist distracting behaviors while driving. Take the Pledge
Facts About Distracted Driving
Research on distracted driving reveals some surprising facts:
AAA Driver Safety
Attitudes and behaviors toward safety are a reflection of the value placed on it within the community. AAA hopes that through research and education, people will change their attitudes toward safety and consequently improve their behavior on the road.
Involved in teen driver safety for 75 years, AAA has a full range of tools to help parents and teens throughout the whole learning–to–drive process, including:
- Keys2Drive – a website that provides parents an easy way to work with their teens through each step, from choosing a driver education program to deciding when solo driving is permitted. Also find useful tools such as Massachusetts Licensing Process and Parent-Teen Agreement.
- AAA Driving School – locations in AAA offices in Hadley, Springfield and West Springfield, as well as in high schools throughout the Pioneer Valley.
- AAA Dare to Prepare – a free pre–permit workshop for teens and parents.
AAA is dedicated to keeping senior road users driving as long as safely possible. When it is not possible for seniors to drive, AAA is committed to ensuring that viable transportation alternatives of are readily available.
- Seniordrivers.org – a website portal for senior drivers, their families, researchers, and alternative transportation providers.
- Roadwise Review online – AAA Roadwise Review: A Tool to Help Seniors Drive Safely Longer is a scientifically validated screening tool developed by AAA and noted transportation safety researchers. Available on CD–ROM, this tool allows seniors to measure, in the privacy of their own home, the eight functional abilities shown to be the strongest predictors of crash risk among older drivers.