Effective September 1, 2015
Important Notice Concerning Customer Privacy
The Information We Collect
Information means any information that you provide to us or that we may collect from other sources, including information you provide when filling out forms, applications, or surveys. This may include your name, gender, date of birth, postal or email addresses, location, telephone or fax numbers, social security or account numbers. This Privacy Notice also applies to all information collected on, or submitted to, the Site. Information also includes any information we collect as a result of utilizing Web Server Log information, Web Browser Sessions, Cookies, IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or other technologies (collectively "Information"). Information also includes information regarding transactions that you have made as well as demographic information as well as aggregated and de-identified data.
We may use Information
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- To provide you products or services;
- To deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including ads or offers tailored to you;
- To inform you important information, products or services you may be interested in, changes in our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- To verify your identity and/or location in order to provide you with services and/or member benefits;
- To allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information on how Information is used and shared;
- To send you marketing and promotional communications (electronic or otherwise) that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To personalize your experience;
- To verify your identity and/or location and travels (or the identity, location or travels of your representative or agent) and to make available to you products and services;
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules which may include additional information about how Information is used for the particular activity;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and services, enhancing our Site; improving the products and services we provide to you; and identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns;
- Collected through our social media and other online interactions with you
- For risk control, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
- To send to our partners, vendors and agents in connection with fulfilling your request for products or services.
- To allow you to use features within our Sites by granting us access to information from your device such as geo-location when you request certain services.
Information We Share
We share Information about you with our affiliates, such companies that perform everyday business transactions with us and our marketing partners. From time to time, we may allow affiliates and these companies to extend offers of products and services to you. These companies to which we may disclose the Information we collect may include financial service providers, such as banking, lending and insurance companies, as well as non-financial companies, such as retailers, sellers of consumer products and services, travel vendors and independent marketing companies. We may disclose the information we collect about you as permitted or required by law. Companies who are not affiliates and outside service providers are required by us to enter into written agreements with us to safeguard the confidentiality of your Information and use it only for authorized purposes.
We will never sell your Information.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other information ("Other Information") is any information we collect online which does not reveal your specific identity. This includes information collected through browsers, Web Server Logs, Cookies, Web Pixels, Web beacons, Clear Gifs and other similar technology. For purposes of this Privacy Notice, Other Information shall be deemed to be a sub-set of Information.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
- Web Server Log Information. We collect "Web Server Log" information when you visit the Site. This includes Internet Domains and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (e.g., aol.com, company.com, etc.) that you have visited, browser and version, device type, screen resolution, operating system, connection speed, web pages visited or requested, and dates and times of such visits or requests. This information is collected by our server automatically whenever anyone visits the Site, regardless of whether the user submits any additional contact information. We use this Information to ensure that the Site is functioning properly and for security purposes.
- IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or Other Technologies. We may use "pixel tags" (also called "web beacons" or "clear gifs"), which are tiny graphic images, on our Site and in our emails. Pixel tags help us analyze online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our Site. We may work with third party vendors and agents ("Service Providers") that help us track, collect, and analyze information about online behavior. In addition, Pixel tags on our Site may be used to collect Information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the Site. This information may include your computer’s IP address, your browser type and version, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the websites you visited before coming to our Site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites. Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your device that you are using by your internet service provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our Web Server Logs. We use IP addresses, Pixel tags, and cookies in our emails that may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open, or click a link in an email message from us. Some of our Service Providers may use their own cookies and/or pixel tags, web beacons or clear gifs in connection with the services they perform on our behalf.
- Certain Web Browsers allow you to manage and/or limit a party’s ability to collect, track, and analyze information about your online behavior. Please check with the provider of your browser to understand more about this capability.
- We may combine the Other Information we collect through Web Server logs, Cookies, IP Address, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons, Clear GIFs or other technologies with other Information we have collected from you. Aggregated or de-aggregated data is data that we may create or compile from all various sources. This information is used by us for its business purposes, which may include offering products or services tailored specifically to you.
Third Party Widgets
We may allow certain widgets (e.g. social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages within our Site. You may want review information at the third party site, such as social media platforms where you have an account to determine how these third parties collect and treat information.
We advertise on the Site as well as other websites not affiliated with us. These advertisements may take the form of banner ads or splash ads, ad networks, and re-targeting campaigns. We also use social media to advertise. Information collected through these advertisements by us and our advertising third party Service Providers ("Advertising Service Providers") using cookies and other technologies includes, without limitation, the number of people requesting to look at each page, search engine referrals, and responses to advertisements and promotions on the Site, affiliated and unaffiliated websites.
You should be aware that we use service providers ("Service Providers"), including Advertising Service Providers, to provide services to the Site and in our offline business operations. The information that you submit to us may be provided to those Service Providers on a confidential basis so that those Service Providers can provide services to us in the course of our business including without limitation, maintaining our database, sending e-mail messages on our behalf, and facilitating promotional and campaign activities on our behalf.
Our Commitment to Data Security
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. We employ security measures designed to protect your Information from unauthorized access in compliance with applicable law. However, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect any Information you transmit on or through the Site, please be advised that AAA Pioneer Valley, its affiliates, agents or Service Providers assume no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your Information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third party access, or other causes beyond our control or the control of our affiliates, agents or Service Providers.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. For that reason we do not collect or maintain information on our Site from those we actually know are under 13 years old, and no part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13 years old. For more information about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, please visit the Federal Trade Commission website.
Links to Third Party Websites and Co–Branded Websites
We may share Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with AAA Pioneer Valley.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. AAA Pioneer Valley reserves the right to disclose Information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property or rights of AAA Pioneer Valley or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
Spyware or Adware
Spyware or Adware refer to applications that are downloaded to your computer. These types of applications deliver ads (usually in the form of pop-up type ads) based on your web usage. We do not participate in any way with spyware or adware applications, and we do not download these types (or any types) of applications without your expressed acceptance. Cookies, Pixel Tags, Web Beacons and Clear Gifs are not spyware or adware, and they are not harmful to your computer.
Social Media and Public Forums
Please be advised that AAA Pioneer Valley may participate on social media platforms, including Facebook® and Twitter®, and may also maintain community pages within its Site. These social media platforms and community pages enable online sharing and collaboration among users. Whenever you post information to any social media platform or any AAAPV community page or any other online public forums, such information can and may be accessed by the public. This means that any person or entity with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications. We strongly encourage you to not post non-public personal information about you to social media platforms or any other online public forums. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as social media platforms, blogs, forums, wikis, chat rooms, and networking functions of mobile-device applications. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas, and be careful how you disclose your Information. Content posted in public areas of AAAPV, including advice and opinions, represent the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. AAAPV does not necessarily endorse, support, verify, or agree with the content posted.
If we should merge or consolidate with another company, or if we should reorganize some part or all of our business, we may be required to disclose your Information in connection with these transactions.
Processing in the United States
We process and store all information in the United States. By using our Site, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Information will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
AAA Pioneer Valley may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. You should review this Privacy Notice periodically. If we decide to change this Privacy Notice, we will inform you by posting the revised Privacy Notice on the Site. Those changes will go into effect on the date shown at the top of the revised Privacy Notice. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your consent to our Privacy Notice including any revisions thereto.
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your non public personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, bank or credit card account information through email. We may ask you to provide your name, address, date of birth and membership information using email.
How to contact us
For MA Insurance Customers only.
You may direct us not to disclose your name and address for marketing purposes to non–affiliates. You may ask in writing for the specific reasons for an adverse underwriting decision. An adverse underwriting decision is where we decline your application for insurance, offer to insure you at a higher than standard rate or terminate your coverage.
For Insurance Customers in AZ, CA, CT, GA, IL, ME, MA, MN, MT, NV, NY, NJ, NC, OH, OR and VA only.
The term "Information" in this part means customer information obtained in an insurance transaction. We may give your Information to state insurance officials, law enforcement, group policy holders about claims experience or auditors as the law allows or requires. We may give your Information to insurance support companies that may keep it or give it to others. We may share medical Information so we can learn if you qualify for coverage, process claims or prevent fraud or if you say we can. To see your Information, write Insurance Services, 150 Capital Drive, West Springfield, MA 01089, Attn: Legal Department. You must state your full name, address, the insurance company, policy number (if relevant) and the Information you want. We will tell you what Information we have. You may see and copy the Information (unless privileged) at our office or ask that we mail you a copy for a fee. If you think any Information is wrong, you must write us. We will let you know what actions we take. If you do not agree with our actions, you may send us a statement.
AAA PIONEER VALLEY
PIONEER VALLEY AUTOMOBILE CLUB INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.
d/b/a AAA INSURANCE AGENCY, INC.