Instructions for Scheduling Road Test
Congratulations! Today is your last on road lesson and you’re ready to schedule your road test with the RMV. AAA Driving School will make your road test appointment for you. Please follow these instructions:
If you are under 18 years old and wish to schedule a road test; you will need the following:
Have your permit for 183 days without any infractions.
Meet all the requirements for driver education (30 hours classroom, 12 hours Behind-the-Wheel, 6 hours Observation, 2 hour parent class and pass the final exam with an 80% or better.)
Driver Education Certificate processed by the RMV. You must give AAA Driving School a check made payable to: MA DOT for $15.00 (include your full name, DOB and permit number on the check). AAA Driving School will mail confirmation to the RMV that you have completed the program. The RMV will then issue a Driver Education Certificate which can be viewed on their website, www.massdot.state.ma.us/rmv. The RMV no longer mails certificates.
Have a road test application signed by a parent.
If you are over 18 years old, you will just need to have a valid permit to book a road test.
How do I schedule my road test?
You have three options for scheduling your road test:
- AAA Driving School offers a Saturday Road Test option at the AAA West Springfield office.
- Call AAA Driving School to sponsor your road test at a local RMV location.
- Call or go to the RMV website to schedule your test at a local RMV location.
• Testing is held the 2nd Saturday of every month (excluding holiday weekends).
• Pre-registration is required. Spots fill quickly, so it is recommended you register a minimum of 30 days in advance.
• There is a $50 fee for sponsorship and use of the Driving School vehicle on the day of the test; which must be paid at time of registration.
• You may not register for a road test with the Driving School and RMV at the same time.
• The road test date is not confirmed until the RMV has approved the requested test date.
NOTE: Students who are under 18 must meet additional guidelines to qualify for a Saturday Road Test.
Please contact the Driving School at AAAdrivingschool@aaapv.com for detailed information.
• There is a $100 fee for sponsorship.
• The appointment must be booked by AAA Driving School and depends on both RMV & AAA Instructor availability. We make every effort to get the first available appointment and will call you when we have a test date, so please be patient.
• There is no additional cost for this option.
• You will be responsible for providing a RMV approved vehicle and sponsor.
• Please note that the MA DOT is experiencing a slowdown in making appointments available for road tests and it may be several weeks before the RMV has an opening.
Please notify AAA Driving School of your road test option by calling 413–785-1381 x 475 or email us at AAAdrivingschool@aaapv.com.