Road Service Benefits
Emergency Road Service
AAA Pioneer Valley is proud of it's record in providing Emergency Road Service to our members and we are here to assist you in the future. The following procedures will help you receive the maximum benefit from this unique service. Emergency Road Service is just that...an emergency service, which should not be mistaken for convenience towing, maintenance or repair service.
How to Obtain Emergency Road Service
The Club's Emergency Road Service Department is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To obtain service within the Pioneer Valley call 413–785-1381, outside Pioneer Valley call 1-800-AAA-HELP, or request service online at AAA.com.
Emergency Road Service is to be used only by the person named on the membership card, regardless of the ownership of the vehicle. AAA cards are non-transferable and service is not available to non-members, regardless of the relationship to the member, even though the non-member may reside in the same household.
Associate memberships for additional drivers residing in the member's household are available at a reduced cost.
AAA membership protects the member, not the vehicle. You must be an occupant of the vehicle at the time it becomes disabled and must be available to present your membership card and valid identification at the time service is given, except in extenuating circumstances.
If AAA Pioneer Valley is unable to verify your membership number, you will be charged for this service. Reimbursement will be considered upon verification of your membership, provided the type and extent of the service is included in the Emergency Road Service benefits. Be certain to obtain an official original receipt of service in your name to accompany your application for reimbursement.
How to Request Service
When you call for service, be sure to have the following information available:
- Your AAA membership number
- Home Address
- Home Phone
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Year, make, model, color and license number of vehicle needing service
- Location of vehicle with nearest intersecting street
Be prepared to show your membership card and driver's license. If you resolve your situation before service arrives, please phone the office and cancel your call. This will increase our efficiency in responding to other members' needs.
Emergency Road Service will be provided for any four–wheeled motor driven vehicles of the passenger, pleasure or recreational type (vans, campers and motor homes), regardless of the license plate designation, if those services can be safely delivered. Dual–wheeled unloaded pickups are provided all services except tire service. Vehicles must have current license and registration to be covered by AAA.*
Dual–wheeled campers/motor homes will be provided all services except towing, extrication/recovery and tire service. Full coverage for these vehicles, motorcycles and travel trailers (including tire service on dual–wheel RV's) is available under AAA Plus RV and AAA Premier RV memberships.
**See Member Handbook for vehicle restrictions. If you are unsure whether your vehicle is covered, call us to confirm.
RV/Motorcycle coverage covers Motorcycles, Motor homes, Pickup trucks with campers, travel trailers, 5th wheel travel trailers and camping trailers. RV coverage is not extended to Horse/livestock trailers, utility trailers, boat trailers or other trailers not containing living accommodations.
The Club allows one normally–equipped service vehicle, one driver, and one service call per emergency. Additional equipment or personnel may be paid for by the member at the time of service, at the prevailing commercial rate.
AAA Mobile Battery Service
Having your battery tested and replaced, if necessary, is far less of a chore for many AAA members who can call the AAA Mobile Battery Service for help. A mobile battery service technician equipped with a state–of–the–art diagnostic unit will come to your location and test your battery. If it turns out that your battery needs to be replaced, the technician carries a range of AAA Batteries and will expertly install the most appropriate one for your vehicle – right on the spot. Your safety and peace of mind is important to AAA, so the AAA Battery is not only competitively priced, but it is offered with an unprecedented 72–month warranty (including 36 months free nationwide replacement). Service hours limited.
Type of Service
- Car Won't Start: The AAA driver will attempt temporary mechanical adjustments to start a disabled vehicle. This will include mobile battery service/jump starting and/or temporary adjustments to enable the member's vehicle to reach a service facility.
- Out of Gas: An emergency supply of fuel, enabling the member to reach the nearest service station, will be delivered to the disabled vehicle. The member pays only for the fuel. AAA Plus, Plus RV, Premier & Premier RV members receive the fuel free of charge.
- Tire Service: AAA covers you for flat tire changing. The AAA service vehicle will go to the car and replace your flat tire with your spare, free of charge to you. Tire service/replacement is a temporary fix and not a permanent repair. AAA recommends the member bring the vehicle to a repair facility for a permanent repair. AAA Approved Repair Facilities can be recommended. If the spare is also flat, in poor condition, or not available, normal towing privileges will apply and repairs are at the member's expense. If due to vehicle design, a special wrench or tool is required, it must be furnished by the member.
- Locksmith Service: If locksmith service is required to gain access or make the vehicle operable, AAA will provide locksmith service or will reimburse the member up to $50. If necessary, the Club will provide towing assistance to the nearest locksmith facility and reimbursement up to $50 for locksmith service on a single service call. AAA Plus, Plus RV, Premier and Premier RV members receive reimbursement up to a total of $100 in parts and labor.
- Extrication: Extrication or winching will be provided by AAA if the vehicle is stuck in mud, snow, a ditch or on a parking curb. The vehicle will be extricated/winched when it can be safely reached from a normally traveled road or established thoroughfare. One truck will be furnished at the site of disablement. Extra equipment, personnel, labor or vehicles are at the member's expense, and these charges are non–refundable. AAA Plus, Plus RV, Premier and Premier RV members receive a second driver and truck for up to 60 minutes.
- Emergency Towing: If a vehicle cannot be started or operated safely due to mechanical failure, it will be towed back to the responding facility, or facility of your choice. The station will tow free of charge a maximum of 3 miles from the point of pickup. Charges for additional miles will be the responsibility of the member and is non–refundable.
AAA Plus/Plus RV provides towing to any destination within 100 miles of the breakdown. A long distance tow under AAA Plus/Plus RV may be deferred to a time when the contractor can make the tow without affecting the normal Emergency Road Service they provide.
See AAA Premier Member Handbook for extended roadside assistance available to AAA Premier and Premier RV members.
Your Club strives to secure reliable, competent garages. However, AAA affiliated service facilities are under contract with the Club to perform such services as the Club shall offer and are not agents of the Club, nor is the Club an agent for any affiliated facility.
The Club assumes no responsibility for injuries to persons or property (including damage to a member's car or personal items kept in the car) as a result of Emergency Road Service performed by such contract stations, garages and facilities. The Club will assist by mediating unresolved issues. Claims must be submitted within 30 days from the date of service.
Excessive or Ineligible Use Each member is allowed up to (4) four road service calls per membership year. When calls exceed the membership limit, service will be provided at a discounted rate and payment is required at the time of service. The Club reserves the right to suspend Emergency Road Service or cancel the membership for excessive use. Excessive use or abuse of membership privileges will be determined by the Club based on individual circumstances and the member agrees to accept these terms as a condition of membership.
Severe weather conditions may cause unavoidable delays, and/ or limitations in service. Your patience and understanding in these emergency situations is always appreciated. Service is not available for snowbound vehicles or in other locations where service cannot be safely delivered without risk of damage to service equipment. The driver will not shovel snow or be responsible for damage to lawns or driveways.
AAA Members should attempt to obtain service by calling AAA. However, if AAA service is not available, a member should obtain alternate service, pay for it, and submit a AAA Reimbursement Form along with the original itemized receipt from a service facility to the Club for reimbursement consideration. The form should be completely filled out with the member's name, address, membership information and a brief explanation of the incident. Reimbursement shall be at the prevailing commercial rate for the basic service that would have been provided by the AAA driver. Requests for reimbursement must be submitted to the Club within 60 days from the date of service.
The Club provides no reimbursement when: 1) a vehicle is moved at the direction of police or property owner due to illegal parking or other violation; 2) service is given by an individual or bystander. 3) an altered receipt or receipt in a non-members name is submitted. All reimbursements will be mailed to the member.